Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

For the first time in quite a while, I am looking forward to the new year. Ever since I made the decision to pay off debt and get my spending under control, I am feeling much more positive. It's amazing how a change in your lifestyle and goals can make such a difference in your outlook on life.

I haven't felt well since Chrismtas and have bee laying low. About the only thin I have gotten accomplished over the past few days is I moved my food pantry cabinet from our mud room to the dining room. It is actually an antique wardrobe with built in shelves. It fit perfectly on one wall in our dining room. The hard part was taking all of the food I had in it out and carry it all out to the dining room, then put it back. I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it. It was a great opportunity to reorganize it and take stock of what I have on hand and what I need to watch sales for.

Another perk of not going any where is I haven't spent one dime since last Friday. There are a couple utilities that come out of my account tomorrow. Other than that, we may need some milk and bread, the car has plenty of gass for the week, so I'm starting the No Spend challenge well! I have a bit of grocery budget set aside in case my local grocery store has some great deals to stock up on. S far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment